The Mission- How many places can one visit in their lifetime?

Hello my name is Laura, and welcome to my blog! I'm from  Nottingham, UK, and have a love of solo travelling and adventures, which I'm excited to share with you!

A few years ago I was gifted a scratch map by my sister, which now hangs above my bed. It acts as a reminder of my goal, to visit as many places on this map as I can, within my lifetime. As you can see, there are many wonderful journeys ahead!


We are so fortunate in this day and age that the world is so accessible to us. I was recently speaking with my mother about her European interrailing trip in her youth. In the days before the internet and mobile phones, in order to book her accommodation, she had to write the hostel a letter, post it off, and hope it arrived! Sounds slightly terrifying in my opinion!

Whatever age we live in, however wonderful, travelling can be a daunting thing. A majority of my travels are done solo and each trip I take, I try and use the opportunity to push my comfort zone and see what I can do. My confidence and planning abilities have become better over time. Initially I started with solo group tours and worked my way up to being completely independent. I know all the tips and tricks for making an exciting but inexpensive itinerary, which I will share with you! 

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and are inspired to take the plunge and book your own solo trip, or just pick up a few ideas of places you'd like to visit for yourself. 

Happy travelling! x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Croatia (Split) - Boat trips and Plitvice lakes

Croatia (Dubrovnik) - Old Town & Island hopping

Australia (Brisbane) - Koalas and the beautiful city